onsdag 27. mars 2019

Dont Google the truth, experience the truth

Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.


For some time back, I was trying to help a backslider that was struggling with doubt. He had questions about creation, and questions about Noah and the flood. I tried to give him good answers, and showed him some good resources online. But I found that as soon as one answer was given, the next came up. One answer triggered a new question. Finally this is what I told him:
From the time of the Garden of Eden until now, the Devil have tried to fulfill his goal to steal, kill and destroy us. The weapon he is using is the same words he told Eve: Has God really said? An innocent question that is full of deadly poison. Now, I am not saying that we should seek for answers, or that it is wrong to struggle with doubt from time to time. That’s a part of being a human being. And there are good answers to be found out there for almost anything. But that is also a part of the problem. One god answer leads to a new question, and on and on. Listen to what the wise Salomon said: “be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh”
Faith is the opposite of doubt, and faith works in spite of and not because of reason. Faith is not depending on reason. I believe that is why Jesus told us to become like children. Children has a childish trust and faith in things. They don’t have to understand how electricity is transported or how it works. For them, its enough to know they have to turn on the switch. The blind man that got healed said this: If he (Jesus) is a sinner or not, I do not know. But one thing I know, I was blind, and now I see.
For myself, I have come to a point in my life where I don’t feel the need of understanding everything. To me its enough to know what I have experienced and who I feel is with me everyday. Paul knew this, and that’s why he didn’t lean to his own wisdom or knowledge. He was one of the most knowledgeable men at his time. But to the church of Corinth he said that when he came to hem, he didn’t come with enticing words of wisdom, but with the power and demonstration of the Spirit. Why? He said, so your faith would not be founded on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.
Here lies the core of what I am trying to tell you. Seek experiences with God. Faith is not to be found in the science books, or in the Universities. They are to be found in a meeting with Jesus. Truth is not a dogma, or science. Truth is a Person

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar