fredag 8. mars 2019

Seek his face, and not his hands

Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you….


I once heard a great Pastor in our fellowship tell the story how one of his new members came to him and said he had a word from the Lord. His first thought was, ”right, you have a word for me?”, but then he asked him, what God had spoken. And this is what God spoke to this Pastor through a new convert. Why do you seek my hands and not my face?
This humble, God fearing Pastor took it to heart and started to meditate on it. Are we seeking what God can do for us, more than fellowship with him? Are we more interested in what he can give us than we are in him?

The prophesy given to Salomon in 2 Chron 7:14 comes to my mind: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and forgive their sin, and will heal their land..."
To seek his face comes first, and THEN he will heal. THEN he will act. THEN we will see his hand at work. Let us humble ourselves and seek his face. Ket us turn from our wicked ways and pray. Let us draw near unto God like Abraham, and not just seek the blessing like Lot. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be aded unto you. Seek ye first his hands, and the works of his hands shall be added unto you!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar