mandag 4. mars 2019

I am adopted

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:


When I read this scripture, I thought about how we have been adopted by our heavenly father. First I thought that this is a very unique adoption. Normally it is the parents who pick out the child, but here it is we that have picked out our father. But then I remembered Jesus words that we have not chosen him, but he has chosen us. That is he has chosen all of us. But it is only those who receive it that get to be chosen. So in a way, we have chosen each other. He chose us, so we could choose to be adopted by him. But this adoption is very special in the way that he does not become our “step dad”. We are born again, and he becomes our REAL father, but still a father by adoption, or by choice. How amazing isn’t that? When we are born again, our spirit bear witness that indeed we are his children!!!! 

In this life, when children are adopted, they search for their Biological parents, or if one of the parents are step parents, they feel a need to find their real parent. They feel something is missing until they find their real parent. For all people in the world, that is the truth. They don’t know what it is, but they feel something is missing. It is because our REAL father is God. He came looking for us, and not the other way around. When he found us, he adopted us back to him. 

I wonder how Jesus must have felt, when he realized Joseph was not his real father. When he finally found his real Father, he told his parents: “Why did you seek me? Didn’t you know I must be about my Fathers business?” In other words, he said that when I finally found my real Father, don’t you understand I want to spend as much time with him as possible? 

What about you? Do you spend time in your Fathers house? What about this coming Sunday?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar