fredag 29. mars 2019

The settlement

2 Cor 5:19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.


The Norwegian Bible is using the same word for reconciliation as a settlement in court. And I am thinking to myself that is exactly what’s going on. When there is a settlement, the convicted and the offended meets and come to an agreement. The agreement will decide if the case goes to court or not. The whole point of a settlement is to avoid taking the case to court. Sometimes there is a huge price involved, so the convicted pays himself out of the charge.
The thing that makes this settlement so special is that the offended part is the one paying the settlement. He is the one suggesting making a settlement, and he is the one paying. So, what is the motive for this action? The motive is that my case does not have to go to court. When its time for my case, I can say: I have made a settlement. And when I am about to tell the judge, that’s when I realize that the settlement was made with the judge himself.
The one I have offended is the same as my defensing advocate. He is also the same as the one making a settlement with me. He is also the same as the judge accepting the settlement. Oh, what a savior!!
Don’t take your case to court. You will loose. Receive the offer of settlement, and don’t worry about the price. He has paid it all.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar